Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Annual archway day

The lovely Dianne arrived to give me a hand with the big garland 

It takes about three hours with both of us working. If I tried on my own. Well I’d still be going 



Every year it’s slightly different and that’s great 


You can see Mr and Mrs clause.  I usually put the big lamp post and Santa here. But I’ve got them around the fire. I think these work here. 



After Diane left I finished vacuuming and set the table properly. I then started the back door. This year I added the ribbon with the lights in it it’s not perfect. But good enough. I’m not pulling it down. 



You can see the ribbon in the picture 




This display is done. I may buy a few more bits and bobs in the sales after Christmas 



As a thank you for helping me. I made scones 
Ive sent Diane home with some scones and the vanilla cream for her hubby to have 



I’m now resting. I need to take the empty tubs and put them in the shed. And bring out the ones for around the door into the craft room and for the outside area. 

Almost done. Just a few more days work
I hope 

14 comments:

  1. I saw your comment on my post this evening and I was going to say what are you doing up so late and then I realized you're on the other side of the world. AHAHAHAAA!
    On a lighter note the scones look delicious. The decorations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. It does get a tad confusing. thank you

      Delete
  2. Can't believe there is more to come. The garland and the beautifully decorated table are just wonderful. What an atmosphere. Can you really make it more xmassy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure go all out with Christmas decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls love it. Their eyes light up. So while I’m able I’ll keep doing it

      Delete
  4. Your house is Christmas Central! I too often do a bit of math to figure out what time you're commenting on my blog, also Caro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend Dianes house is even more Christmassy
      We do it for then grandchildren. But it makes us happy too

      Delete
  5. Do you have a shed dedicated to storage boxes of Christmas decorations?🤔 the decorated garland looks fabulous. Perhaps you should do decorating as a money maker at this time of year .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have boxes everywhere. Storage is the reason I’m not really buying new things
      Unless it’s to replenish baubles because of breakages. We are very good at repairs.

      Delete
  6. I love what you've done to your house. Are you available to come here and do mine? Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m assuming your in the USA. So probably a tad far to travel for me. Lol enjoy thanksgiving

      Delete
  7. No decorations here this year. I shall enjoy seeing yours so please keep posting pics of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’ll have to pop in next time your in the area and see them in person

      Delete