Monday, November 6, 2023

Monday morning garden walk

It’s Monday again. Where is the time going?
After feeding all the fur and feathery members of the family i decided to walk around and just admire my garden. 

Have I told you I don’t particularly like gardening?  Well I don’t. But I’ve always been good at it. But I definitely love the way it looks. Who doesn’t like pretty flowers. 

The roses are blooming for Melbourne cup tomorrow. 
I always like to time them for this week. And although I didn’t prune this year. They were done at the right time. So yeah 



The hydrangea is just starting to colour. This one is in a big pot under the back porch 



The late bloomer is about to flower. Nancy came over and we studied this plant. Even though it had the same tag as the pink is not the exactly same When closely inspected it has darker and slightly different leaves. I knew it had white flowers, that’s I picked up one pink and one white. We decided they were the same breed but different hybrids 



The sage is flowering. I don’t use much sage in cooking. But I do love their flowers. And so do the bees 



The pink has finished it’s first flush of flowers and is getting ready to do it all again 



My Christmas cactus. This one is purple. They start off purple but go red 



And a white one 



The gladioli are sending up flower spikes and in the pot behind it. The Dahlia are starting to grow 



Geraniums always deliver a beautiful abundance of flowers 



The rhododendron is flowering and has more buds 



The second is about to burst forth. I fertilised them a few days ago   They must of really appreciated it 



The foxglove are still going strong. I just love them 



I lost a couple of plants here. Due to the bird bath falling on them during high winds. So I planted more gladioli   



The butterfly bushes have come back nicely after a very hard prune 



The big plant behind the foxglove is a buddleia   Nancy gave me a cutting she had struck. It was tiny but oh my how it’s grown.   I keep giving it hair cuts as it wanted to grow wide. Each time I do it grows up heaps. 
I wonder if it would work on me?



The southern pots are coming back to life. They really needed that TLC. And the top up of organic compost has acted like miracle grow. 



A very small hydrangea over achieving with its flowers 



A new hybrid of hydrangea called candles, I think, has taken off after looking like it had died 



My gardenia looks to be happily growing 



And of course when ever I walk around there is always someone wanting to walk with me 

This morning it was miss Bella.  
Agatha was still eating her breakfast 



I hope you enjoyed coming with me on my morning walk 

8 comments:

  1. The flowers are lovely. A white Christmas cactus? I've only seen them in pink. And the nicely planted little cat flower is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the roses smell heavenly.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is a riot of colour and variety. Must be wonderful to wander through it all.
    The gardenia has so many buds. It's going to look and smell glrious

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bloody lovely!! And you forgot to mention your magnificent proteas. … an artist with paint and flowers 💐 🎨🎨🎨😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful flowery garden! I have never been too good with flowers..just edibles!
    Hello, via Tigger's wee blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one would ever guess you don't like gardening. All beautiful and colourful but I do love your Gaura (whirling butterflies)

    ReplyDelete