Sunday, November 12, 2023

Gardening Sunday

Next door had white hydrangeas and I really wanted one. So off I went and I came home  with a few extra things 

A purple Christmas cactus and two orange ones. 



Bought the same pots as I did for my others do they would all match 



I even got some little chickens. So cute 



All potted  up. They look great all together 



The hydrangea was planted under the tree. It will get morning sun but be protected from the really hot afternoons 



Meanwhile hubby is tackling the forest out back. 
Maybe I need geese again. They keep the grass down although when the dam dried up during dummer they don’t be able to hide from the foxes   I’ll think about it 



While working I was munching on my mulberries 
So yummy 



I’ve watered everything that needed it and I’m now inside having a rest 

It’s a funny day. Overcast but not cold with A slight breeze to stop it being muggy 
Perfect for being outside working 

10 comments:

  1. It's nice to see a garden now that ours are pretty much dormant now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I enjoy seeing the northern hemisphere gardens when ours is just mud

      Delete
  2. Your garden is amazing. You have the touch. And handy next door neighbours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My garden had a white hydrangea (years ago, but it was on a shared access path and my scumbag neighbour pulled it out to create a driveway so they didn't have to walk the last 20metres to their house). It had been absolutely tremendous and stayed white white. (Lots of hydrandeas change colour according to soul type.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled it. White hydrangeas stay white. As for your neighbour. All I can say is how rude.

      Delete
  4. Love your garden . As usual. It's so full of colour. I really like the white hydrangea. And those pottery chickens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. Yes I think the white will pop and stand out.

    ReplyDelete