Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Extreme crafting

I really didn’t like the gold wreaths on my wall so they have gone. For now anyway 

I decided I wanted something totally different 
So I bought two more little Golden trees and turned them into these



They’re way too heavy for having off the lights so I’ve guns them off the timber. I think they’re even. But hubby has a better eye than me. So if they need moving he’ll help me 



My beautiful daughter has started making Christmas decorations too. So I made this to add to her collection 

She really likes it. So I’ll be delivering it tomorrow 



I had to buy a new glue gun my old cheap one gave up the ghost 

It felt weird in my hand. I was so used to the old one. But I kept going and this is the result 



So suffice to say. All craft is now on hold. 
I just really wanted to finish what I had started 

I’m going to have a few days off to allow for healing 
Something always happens to make you stop and rest 

Totally unfair 

13 comments:

  1. Oh that looks painful! A friend suggested to me just yesterday that I buy a glue gun and I thought to myself "Yes, but the last time I used one I ended up with a nasty burn!" They are very useful, but I am not safe with one. I love the new decorations. Very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn’t a burn it was from the finger slipping on the trigger.
      I’m going to have to use a glove of some sort.

      Delete
  2. Oooo boy that looks nasty.
    You've still got plenty of time till Xmas. Let it heal.
    Bet you don't though 😂
    Awesome deco !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left it open overnight. It’s dried out now and feeling much better

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankfully not a burn so it would be ok in a few days. Looking better already

      Delete
  4. One of my friends who runs craft classes for adults bans glue guns, for this and other reasons having to do with burning the worktop. I hope that heals fast. Yes, that's extreme, fingers to the bone, crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got a plate under it to keep it safe. And it’s not a burn just a blister. It will be fine in a few days

      Delete
  5. Ouch! Bad burn. The two wall hangings are just gorgeous! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not a burn. A popped blister.
      It will be right as rain in no time

      Delete