Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Sudden change

Today the wind has turned and is coming from the south. Which for us means cold 
It’s raining windy and no sunshine. 
Not a great day for doing anything outside. 

I’ve had a request for some bowl cosies so I cleared the workspace and 



Went though my stash of fabrics 
These bowl cosies are destined for the USA. 
Since soup is a cold weather  specialty I decided to go for 
Autumnal colours. 

I didn’t use all of these. But I did choose the final colours from this bundle 


All cut and stacked. Ready to assemble 


It’s getting wet outback. The ground was very dry so it’s mostly soaked up. Just starting to puddle 
We are supposed to get rain for the next three or four days.  Which means it will probably flood out here 


The garden is loving the rain. The crops are growing well. 


So I’ve now I’ve settled down. 
Watching a special about 
Debbie Allen’s nutcracker the hot chocolate nutcracker 
And continuing work on this massive project 



Where ever you are stay warm, dry and safe 

8 comments:

  1. Your south wind is like our north wind. Ours comes from the Siberian stepors, yours from Antarctica, or thereabouts.
    Rain is good, terrential rain is not. Stay dry inside and crochet on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing between me and Antarctica is Tasmania and she’s not helping much at all. Chilly again today

      Delete
  2. You seem to have a craft for every kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's chilly and rainy here in western Oregon USA also.

    I love both eating and making soup but had never heard of bowl cozies. Is getting soup on the cozy a problem?

    I had a shoulder replacement last week, so am doing my best to stay warm, dry and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re fully washable You out the hot bowl in it and it stops you burning your hands.
      Hope your mending well and feel better soon

      Delete
  4. I regret saying recently that never had days of rain. I have been proven wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much rain. It’s stopped here but I saw on the news that it’s still coming down your way. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete