Friday, November 3, 2023

Tomatoes

Mummy and Ana are having a together day. So grandma was able to have a sleep in 

Once I got up I decided to plant all the tomato seedlings 

I, as usual, forgot to take a picture of the tray of seedlings. But oh my there were so many 

I proceeded to plant them everywhere 

These wicking beds were earmarked for tomatoes anyway but I also planted in ones with vegetables in them. 



The leek pots now have tomatoes 



In all the spaces between the zucchini and eggplants 



More blue wicking beds and in that white pot with the beetroot 



This pot had cabbages. I had let them go to seed for the bees. But now are in with the chickens 

I’ve planted four little seedlings if they all survive I may have to transplant some. 



In with the capsicum 



With the cucumbers 



And still more. One pot is for a friend who wants to plant  tomatoes 

I have no idea what I’ll do with the other two pots. 

I’ll see if anyone wants them. Or I’ll probably plant them in big pots. 


I just can’t throw them out. I’ve grown them from seed 

Anyway. I hope I’ll get some sort of crop this year. 
They’re all small cherry type   So fruit fly are not a huge problem and they don’t take as long to ripen 

Well that the theory anyway 

6 comments:

  1. You're going to need recipes for these tomatoes. Maybe tomato lemon jam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have an amazing harvest. Last year I swore no more tomatoes because something always gets to them but my new neighbour gave me some seedlings so we shall see how we go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a bountiful and delicious tomato crop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lucky to be able to plant them outdoors. Our outdoor tomatoes are an instant recipe for losing it all to blight just at the tomatoes are filling out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wish you bountiful crops. I can see a lot of preserving over the summer . Ftoo ftoo ftoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking out my window I can't think of tomatoes.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete