Monday, November 13, 2023

Tired but ok




Yesterday I was not feeling right. 
I assumed I had caught whatever hubby had brought home with him from the USA. 

My throat felt tight and I thought my nose was blocking up because it felt strange. 

Later  the evening  I realised it wasn’t a bug. I was having a reaction to something 
I was also scratching my arms, legs, back. Not even realising I was doing it. 

It wasn’t until the lip started that I realised what was going on. 
I took two antihistamine tablets and waited. 
And waited 
And waited. 

It wasn’t progressing, but then again it wasn’t getting better. 
Just when I thought oh man I’m going to have to go to hospital 
It started to subside 

I had been awake almost the whole night monitoring my lip! 
Needless to say. I was very very tired this morning. I finally got out of bed around 
8.30. 

Today I feel like I’ve been a couple of rounds with a boxing kangaroo 
My lip is down but tender 
The funning thing is. On Facebook memories the first episode happened today 
Ten years ago. 

I know! 
It doesn’t seem that long. But there you are. 
Obviously something is flowering this time of year and my body doesn’t like it 

So today I’ve been going slowly. 
I cut back the herb garden so that the strawberry pot next to it can get some sun 
I gave the clippings to the chickens. Even if they don’t eat them. They’ll smell nice 
And I’ve spent a couple of hours watering 

Now I’m inside deciding what I’m going to do for the rest of the afternoon. 
Whatever it is. It won’t be overly taxing 
Just grateful I didn’t have to stab my self 


11 comments:

  1. Do you know what causes such a reaction? Could it be pollen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note on the fridge ... AM I HAVING AN ALLERGIC REACTION???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep the brain in gear that’s for sure.

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness the lip went down. I'd be monitoring it too, hoping not to have to go to some emergency clinic. Have a rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No definitely didn’t need another free ride in an ambulance. Once was definitely enough

      Delete
  4. Mr B goes like that (especially the lip) and medical profession has told him it's auto-immune.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS he even got it mid Atlantic so we know its not something vegetation related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Yes not good at all. Hope he keeps his epipen handy at all times

      Delete
  6. t's mom has a good point: maybe check whether your other health issues are related? You may need to adjust your approach. I hope you're doing better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I’m doing ok.
      Just got to keep watching and listening to my body

      Delete