Sunday, November 19, 2023

Contrasts


Today I concentrated on the back wall of our living room 

I started with the two wreaths I hang on the lights. But the mice have chewed them. So they had to be thrown out. 

But I continued and this year it looks like this 

Nativity scene 



Santa and reindeer 



My winter village. Hubby made me the A frame stand a few years ago. Clever clogs he is 



I’m going to keep an eye out for something to hang from the lights. The wall looks bare 

I may not find what I like, at the price I’m happy to pay, until the sales after Christmas. But that’s ok. I’m happy to wait 



I love twinkling lights 



The funny thing about Christmas in Australia is that it’s in our summer. So while inside I’m all pretend snow and jolly old men from the North Pole   Outside it’s a while different world 

The gladioli are starting to bloom 




Hydrangea is starting to colour



Veggies are moving along Nicely 









The dahlias are starting to come out



And the sun is shining 

It’s very confusing isn’t it 

6 comments:

  1. I wonder about Christmas in summer. Such contrast, the hot weather and the traditional cold weather scenes. Except that Bethlehem was probably not so cold. But we've added in the snow and Scandinavian touches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s what I think. The baby Jesus didn’t have snow either.
      I blame Charles Dickens for all the snow scenes

      Delete
  2. Your xmassy house is looking better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it’s going to look like Christmas came and exploded in here by the time I’m done lol all worth it when the girls see it and their eyes light up

      Delete
  3. That's a great way to display your Christmas Village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s not a wood worker, he’s a mechanic. But he pushed past his comfort zone and make it for me. I’m ever so grateful

      Delete