Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Same old

Slept in this morning. Which means I was laying down too long so the back had seized 

I had to walk slowly for ages until I could do it without tears in my eyes. 

But you know me. I have to be doing something so I walked across the road and got some cuttings from my neighbour. I had permission so it wasn’t stealing 





I don’t do anything special. Don’t dip in rooting powder. I just snip and stick them into a pot of soil mix. 

If they take. They take. If not. Well I’ll try again I usually get a few new plants 



Last autumn I took cuttings from a Fig tree that self seeded near our shed 

I needed to repot them. But bending wasn’t an option 
I’ve wanted a potting table for ages. We have two of these plastic tables that get used once a year. So I asked hubby to set it up for me 



It’s perfect. 



I now have 13 new fig frees. 
Come next autumn I’ll plant them along the north side of the chicken run to provide shade. Even if they don’t produce much fruit   I don’t care.  But I’m sure I’ll be able to harvest something. And the chickens will love the fresh food too 



Finally the boys are back home from their yearly groom and medical appointments 

All clean and treated ready for summer. 



I’ve come in and picked up my crochet. The temps have dropped again so I’m continuing with the big blanket   

I really wish the weather gods would just make up their minds and stick to it. This constant changing is killing me 


10 comments:

  1. I like your planting method. It's like mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s the best method. Always give it a go and never hang too much on the outcome so no disappointment

      Delete
  2. "I had permission so it wasn’t stealing" -- thanks for the legal clarification, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My experience in Greece was that geraniums would take anywhere - so good luck with those (lots of colour once they get established.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re pretty reliable. Makes you look really clever

      Delete
  4. As usual there's a lot going on around your house. Fig trees have those big green leaves which give a lot of shade and hopefully you'll get some figs as well. And 13! That potting table is perfect for.....potting lol
    Here they say stolen plants grow better than ones that are given or bought. Heaven knows why

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I’ve heard that saying. But I just can’t do it.
      Although the nice neighbour has always said just come over and get what you want. I still ask everytime

      Delete